Hello bookish peeps!
I would like to share with you my book haul for the month of November and December 2015 combined. Since I can’t remember which are the ones I bought last November, I decided to just mash it up with my December 2015 book haul. So here they are! I bought them at 20 % off in my local bookstore. And it made me so happy, I regret nothing!
- SIX OF CROWS by Leigh Bardugo- Is another ya fantasy novel that will surely satisfy your fantasy genre cravings! I really love Leigh Bardugo’s style of writing ever since I’ve read the Grisha Trilogy. This Six of Crows is a duology set in the Grisha world (2 years after the events in Ruin and Rising) in a place called Ketterdam which is the capital of the country Kerch. It is a bustling hub for international trade but also a home for illegal trades, criminal organizations and street gangs.
- WINTER by Marissa Meyer– This is the final installment of best selling series The Lunar Chronicles. It follows the story of Princess Winter who is the stepdaughter of Queen Levana in Luna. In this we could also see how Cinder and her crew will try to overthrown Queen Levana and claim her rights as the rightful ruler of Luna.
- THE MARTIAN by Andy Weir – It is about a botanist Mark who embarked a journey to Mars with his NASA team and finds himself stranded on Mars’s surface, with no way to signal Earth that he’s alive. And even if he could get word out, his supplies would be gone years before a rescue could arrive. Armed with nothing but his ingenuity, his engineering skills–and a gallows sense of humor that proves to be his greatest source of strength–Mark embarks on a dogged quest to stay alive. But will his resourcefulness be enough to overcome the impossible odds against him?
- PENRYN and THE END OF DAYS TRILOGY by Susan Ee– This is an action packed ya apocalyptic novel with angels. This is the story of Penryn whose sister was taken by the angels of the apocalypse and finds herself stuck with this fallen Angel Raffe who may or may not be the key in helping her find her sister. The story gets better as you go on for you will discover lots of revelations about the angel’s political turmoil that will surely leave you at the edge of your seat.
- A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES by Sarah J. Maas– When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin—one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world. As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she’s been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow grows over the faerie lands, and Feyre must find a way to stop it… or doom Tamlin—and his world—forever.
- ALL THE LIGHT WE CANNOT SEE by Anthony Doerr– WINNER OF THE PULITZER PRIZE. From the highly acclaimed, multiple award-winning Anthony Doerr, the beautiful, stunningly ambitious instant New York Times bestseller about a blind French girl and a German boy whose paths collide in occupied France as both try to survive the devastation of World War II.
- WE WERE LIARS by E. Lockhart– This stunning mystery novel of Lockhart is one of the most anticipated ya novels since its release. We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense novel from National Book Award finalist and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart. Read it. And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE
- CODE NAME VERITY by Elizabeth Wein– Set in World War II, being a RAF officer or simply a “spy”, “Verity” was caught by the Nazis in Chateau de Bordeaux in France and was forced to disclose all British Intelligence. But instead of revealing them the exact details, “Verity” had told them a tale. A beautiful story of friendship, sacrifices, happiness and dreams.
- SHADES OF EARTH by Beth Revis– Is the final installment of her bestselling science fiction novel Across The Universe. Amy and Elder must race to discover who–or what–else is out there if they are to have any hope of saving their struggling colony and building a future together. They will have to look inward to the very core of what makes them human on this, their most harrowing journey yet. Because if the colony collapses? Then everything they have sacrificed–friends, family, life on Earth–will have been for nothing.
- THE ROSE SOCIETY by Marie Lu– Is the much awaited sequel of her dark fantasy novel, The Young Elites. It follows the story of Adelina Amouteru’s plotting a revenge for those who wronged her by starting recruit members of her own Malfetto society. But for every plan to succeed, it requires a great deal of sacrifice.
- THE RUIN AND RISING by LEIGH BARDUGO– Is the conclusion of The Grisha Trilogy. In this final book, RAVKA has fallen in the hands of the enemy. Alina will have to forge new alliances and put aside old rivalries as she and Mal race to find the last of Morozova’s amplifiers. But as she begins to unravel the Darkling’s secrets, she reveals a past that will forever alter her understanding of the bond they share and the power she wields. The firebird is the one thing that stands between Ravka and destruction—and claiming it could cost Alina the very future she’s fighting for.
There you go, these are my book hauls of November and December 2015. Let me know in the comments below which books have you already read, in your tbr, or you will soon buy! 😀
Thank you and see you next time ! ❤