This segment of my blog contains my weekly Top 10 picks of anything related to books/reading. This is inspired by The Broke and the Bookish blog. I would also love to see your top 10 list in the comments below or you can link your blog so I could see it too and we could “spazz” (react/discuss/fangirl) it together. Thank you bookish peeps. ❤ ~ Serene August
I just love “love confessions!” Love is indeed in the air. Since it’s just 5 days before Valentines day, I thought to make this top 10 Tuesday special. Whether you’re in a relationship or not, in a relationship with a fictional character or even shipping two characters, it’s always fun to read about the love confessions of our dearest fictional characters. Expressing how much you love someone isn’t just by saying I love you. It can also be expressed in many different words.
So this is my list of the top 10 best love confession lines from fictional characters (Based on the books I’ve read so far.)
Let’s start! 🙂
10. “I love you,’ he whispered, and kissed my brow. ‘Thorns and all.”
- This is one of the best confessions out there. It’s simple and what I love about this is that it reflects with the title “Thorns and Roses.” It’s like the representation of the love of Feyre and Tamlin and every hardships have been through. That a rose is truly beautiful, but sometimes the thorns of it can hurt you. Like in love, to love is to be vulnerable to everything.
9. “I have something I need to tell you,” he says. I run my fingers along the tendons in his hands and look back at him. “I might be in love with you.” He smiles a little. “I’m waiting until I’m sure to tell you, though.”
“That’s sensible of you,” I say, smiling too. “We should find some paper so you can make a list or a chart or something.”
I feel his laughter against my side, his nose sliding along my jaw, his lips pressing my ear.
“Maybe I’m already sure,” he says, “and I just don’t want to frighten you.”
I laugh a little. “Then you should know better.”
“Fine,” he says. “Then I love you.”
- FourTris, one of our favorite ships. Four is the type of guy who don’t do the confessing thing and say cheesy lines. Even in confessing, he still wanted to be bad ass. But in the end, he gave up and confessed directly. He was so cute here and Tris can bring out his soft side.
8. “I love you as certain dark things are loved, secretly, between the shadow and the soul.”
- Etienne compared his love for Anna as the type of love which is the silent one but pure and true. To somebody, love is like medals or trophies, the result of a victory to boast of. But to Etienne and Anna, it’s a simple and quiet love in which you find a safe sanctuary to rest your heart with.
7. “Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears. ‘After all this time?’ ‘Always,’ said Snape.”
- Snape has taught us that loving someone doesn’t always mean you have to end up with them. It means being strong enough to love them from afar and protect them in your own secret, special way. ALWAYS.
6. “I can listen no longer in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago.”
- This confession really broke my heart when I first read it. Not that it contains a love declaration, but also the feeling of being heartbroken at the same time. There are really types of love in this world that can make you high then suddenly swoop you so low. But in this case, Frederick Wentworth is willing to take the risk all over again just for the sake of his love. He is willing to forget what broke his heart in the first place and is willing to dive again in the same ocean without having any drawbacks or second thoughts. Because he believes that, we can only meet our true love only once in this lifetime.
5. “There is no pretending,” Jace said with absolute clarity. “I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I’ll love you then.”
- Awww a type of love with eternal reassurance. A promise of love even after this life of ours end. A love that goes on. A love that even death can’t separate.
4. “You drive me insane June. You’re the scariest, most clever, bravest person I know, and sometimes I can’t catch my breath because I’m trying so hard to keep up. There will never be another like you. You realize that, don’t you? Billions of people will come and go in this world, but there will never be another like you.”
- This is another way of saying I love you without saying I love you. Day expressed his deep love for June by telling her that she is beyond compare and that the love he has for her can’t be replaced. We will meet and meet and meet lots of people in our lifetime. But never we’ll be able to meet the same type of person who could make us feel the way we feel for the other. There’s always going to be someone who is the exception to the rule. Someone who occupies the biggest space in our heart.
3. “Je t’aime. Aujourd’hui. Ce soir. Demain. Pour toujours. Si je vivais mille ans, je t’appartiendrais pour tous. Si je vivais mille vies, je te ferais mienne dans chacune d’elles.
I love you. Today. Tonight. Tomorrow. Forever. If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to you for all of them. If I were to live a thousand lives, I would want to make you mine in each one.”
- This is ranked as my third pick for the best love confession line. Not because Noah Shaw spoke french , but because his love confession is really strong and genuine. It’s the promise of forever. A promise that you knew that not even a catastrophic event could shake and change his mind. Because you belong to him. And you both belong in every thousands of life to come. (Yeah but mostly, I like it because he spoke french. kidding.)
2. “I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.”
- This is one of the most poetic love confessions I’ve ever read in YA lit. This part of the book and scene in the movie really put me into tears because you could really feel the depth of Augustus’ love for Hazel. That even they’re just teenagers, and people sometimes say that teenagers can’t be this serious with stuff like this, he made us feel that there is no requirements for you to love someone. No matter what age you are or where you are or who you are, it’s never too wrong to love someone and be loved in return.
1. “I want to be the friend you fall hopelessly in love with. The one you take into your arms and into your bed and into the private world you keep trapped in your head. The one who will memorize the things you say as well as the shape of your lips when you say them. I want to know every curve, every freckle, every shiver of your body.
I want to know where to touch you, I want to know how to touch you. I want to know convince you to design a smile just for me. Yes, I do want to be your friend. I want to be your best friend in the entire world. “
- I have my own special reasons for choosing this as my best love confession line. But I’ll make it short, I’ve chosen this one because Warner, confessed to Juliette how much he wanted her to want and love him back eventually. That before any of those could happen, he wanted Juliette to trust him and make him as her best friend. Isn’t that sweet? He wanted to memorize everything about her like a best friend would. And he wanted to be the person who could love her the best.
Love I presume, is something so magical. It has no bounds. It’s endless. It’s infinite. Even if we get hurt couple of times, at some point, we still find courage to love again. We spend half of our lives searching for the right one. Searching for that special person we could finally say the words we’ve been wanting to say and hear the words we’ve been wanting to hear. Someone who could make us the heroine of our own story. Someone whom we can share our ups and downs, our hopes and sorrow. Someone who will stay. Someone who will love us who we are without expecting us to meet their standards. Because there is no standards in true love. It doesn’t matter what status you’re in. It doesn’t matter what the world would say about you two. The world is such a big place and is full of people with wary eyes.
In the end, it’s you and him or you and her that matters.
Yes, to love is to be vulnerable too. Because you’re giving someone the power to hurt you and the power to make it better. Needless to say, we shouldn’t be afraid about it. Be brave.
WE ALL DESERVED TO LOVE AND TO BE LOVED IN RETURN. Love has many forms. Love should be unconditional.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. ~
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
And to you, I love you. And I’ll never get tired of loving you. You’re still the person I want to love and bully, the person I want to be with for the rest of forever. You can be who you want to be and I’ll still love you. You in the time I don’t know, and the time I know you, I love you both. ❤
So that’s all for today everyone. Hope you enjoyed this post. And let me know in the comments below your favorite love confessions from the books you’ve read or even in the movie you’ve watched. Spread the love and advance Happy Valentines Day!